Silicon steel sheet, the English name is silicon lamination, it is a kind of ferrosilicon soft magnetic alloy with very low carbon content, generally containing 0.5 to 4.5% of silicon. The addition of silicon can increase the resistivity and maximum permeability of iron, reduce the coercivity, core loss (iron loss) and magnetic aging.
The production of silicon steel sheet is known as a handicraft in steel products, especially oriented silicon steel sheet due to its complicated process and narrow process window. Mainly used to make iron cores of various transformers, motors and generators.
1. Low iron loss, which is the most important indicator of silicon steel sheet quality.
2. The magnetic induction intensity (magnetic induction) is high under a strong magnetic field, which reduces the volume and weight of the iron core of motors and transformers, and saves silicon steel sheets, copper wires and insulating materials.
3. The surface is smooth, flat and uniform in thickness, which can increase the filling factor of the iron core.
4. Good punching performance, which is more important for manufacturing micro and small motors.
5. The surface insulating film has good adhesion and weldability, which can prevent corrosion and improve punching properties.
6. Basically non-magnetic aging.